Servo Roll Feed Systems
Once the material is uncoiled and straightened it needs to be accurately positioned in the press for stamping, or a shear for cutting. This positioning is performed by the ROLL FEED SYSTEM.
Using the latest Servo drive technology, program parameters, such as speed and feed length, etc. are input directly through HMI keypad/display which keeps the operator updated on all system parameters. Operating mode, cycle status, error and system diagnostics are all updated in real time. Die and press protection is provided through the monitoring of press feed signal and feed completion signals.
All Mecon roll feed systems are manufactures with a feed length accuracy of better than +/- .003″. The performance is tuned to suit the specific requirements optimizing power (HP) to suit the process taking into consideration SPM, feed length, material etc.
- Feeders with no straightener
- Suited to wide range of materials and process speeds
- Highest output speeds
- Full pilot release of pinch rolls
- Dual air pressure pinch system allows gentle touch on sensitive materials to firm grip for difficult materials
- Feed rolls are hardened, precision ground, surface treated and chrome coated for a hard, high friction surface giving excellent grip and long life
- Rolls are supported by precision, permanently sealed and lubricated ball bearings