Easy, fast loading of coils is the single most important benefit offered by cradle-type uncoilers. They are often used in combination with straighteners for faster loading and adjustment, low power requirements and maintenance. Cradle-straighteners also save plant floor space.
- Rugged heavy duty steel construction
- Self centering coil keeper plates
- Lifting points for crane
- Forklift truck lifting tubes
- Driven cradle and straightening rolls
- All rolls hardened to 55RC
- All lubrication points marked and easily accessible
- Capacities from 0.060” to 0.375” mild steel, 12” to 72” (larger sizes call for quote)
- Standard payout speed of 0 to 80 fpm.
- Digital indicators show straightener roll position
- Standard straightener head with entry and exit pinch rolls and 7 straightening rolls. (( available for new high strength steels)
- Suited to process thick material.
- Easy and safe loading of coil.
- Accepts any range of coil I.D., and wider ranges of O.D.
- Confinement of coil helps in control of heavy materials.
- Straightener is easily built-in and synchronized with process speed.
- Suited to addition of threading systems for routing of heavy materials into feeds.
- Self contained, easy to relocate and setup
- Rewind of unused material may be difficult
- Not recommended for use with thin, prefinished, or mark sensitive materials