Mecon Model 500ccs72 with 6str72 -9 Roll StraightenerNew rules, new tools. Designed to handle a wide range of very strong materials and features a 6” HSLA STRAIGHTENER with 9 rolls, 4 over 5, doing the work. Powered by a monster 50HP motor.
The system is designed to handle 50,000 lbs. X 72” of various materials including .157” HSLA, @90,000psi yield strength.
System includes: Staging coil ramp, Cradle Uncoiler with Over Arm, Heavy Duty Threading, 9 roll (4 rolls over 5 driven rolls) Geometry HSLA Straightener and End pivot table to guide material over to the feeder. This system is a beast!
Easy, fast loading of coils is the single most important benefit offered by cradle-type uncoilers. They are often used in combination with straighteners for faster loading and adjustment, low power requirements and maintenance. Cradle-straighteners also save plant floor space.
- Rugged heavy duty steel construction
- Self centering coil keeper plates
- Lifting points for crane
- Forklift truck lifting tubes
- Driven cradle and straightening rolls
- All rolls hardened to 55RC
- All lubrication points marked and easily accessible
- Capacities from 0.060” to 0.375” mild steel, 12” to 72” (larger sizes call for quote)
- Standard payout speed of 0 to 80 fpm.
- Digital indicators show straightener roll position
- Standard straightener head with entry and exit pinch rolls and 7 straightening rolls. (( available for new high strength steels)
- Suited to process thick material.
- Easy and safe loading of coil.
- Accepts any range of coil I.D., and wider ranges of O.D.
- Confinement of coil helps in control of heavy materials.
- Straightener is easily built-in and synchronized with process speed.
- Suited to addition of threading systems for routing of heavy materials into feeds.
- Self contained, easy to relocate and setup
- Rewind of unused material may be difficult
- Not recommended for use with thin, prefinished, or mark sensitive materials
MECON HOME MECON COIL HANDLING MECON COIL HANDLING EQUIPMENT